Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Ursa Major was founded to address a critical shortfall in the U.S. industrial base and bring a new model to aerospace and defense systems: we design and manufacture the world’s leading propulsion systems for space, hypersonic applications, and missile systems.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team – a team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager's primary focus is to ensure that working conditions for our employees meet all regulatory requirements and that operations are being performed with employee health and safety in mind. The role will interface with regulatory and insurance representatives to ensure Ursa Major remains in compliance with applicable requirements. This position will also focus on environmental monitoring and reporting while helping lead initiatives to improve corporate sustainability. Training, auditing, and monitoring all safety and environmental activities are key aspects of this role. Demonstrated familiarity with ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 requirements and how they influence our operations is key.
- Organize, manage, and report online safety training at Ursa. Directly responsible for 100% participation in necessary training across the company (other teams may author specific training).
- Routinely audit all site activities for safety compliance. Create engaging, team-based actions to reduce injury risk and improve prevention. These initiatives should pull team members in.
- Report regular safety KPI's to the entire company and leaders. KPI's should include specific actions to ensure our processes exceed expectations and goals.
- Document, organize, and update all SDS's at the company.
- Perform regular audits and ensure compliance with HAZMAT waste stream storage and disposal. This role will be the POC for outside processing companies.
- Submit all local, state, and federal certifications at all sites (fuel storage, emissions, etc.).
- Bring a sustainable, eco-friendly, and unique approach to tackling site challenges.
- 7+ years in an EHS role at a company producing waste, by-products, etc. Preferably a manufacturing environment.
- Past responsibility for managing compliance documentation and controls.
- Hands on experience implementing HAZMAT or safety related fixes.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA and/or similar safety related requirements/code.
- Internal drive to make safety an important part of a company's culture, not just a checked box
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of the role, which is $90,000 - $130,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options