Ursa Major was founded to address a critical shortfall in the U.S. industrial base and bring a new model to aerospace and defense systems: we design and manufacture the world’s leading propulsion systems for space, hypersonic applications, and missile systems.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team – a team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to work out of our beautiful Berthoud Headquarters. Please note that this is an onsite opportunity.
Our Administrative Assistant supports multiple teams at Ursa Major while holding the most important role of serving as the face of Ursa Major for our guests upon their arrival. We are seeking a vibrant self-starter with incredible time management and project management skills. This person will need to be able to pivot as needed with people and projects. To this role, you will bring confidence, extraordinary interpersonal and organizational skills, and act as a natural problem solver. We love a can-do attitude here at Ursa Major. Interest in engineering, defense, or aerospace is a plus!
- Assist in coordinating non-executive team meetings, customer visits, and events as needed, including conference room preparation, catering, and stocking drinks and snacks.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with scheduling, and other administrative requests.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks as requested by the Executive Assistant.
- Partner closely with our Executive Assistant to execute special asks and projects as needed.
- Assist with employee travel, develop schedules, and be a logistics guru.
- Ensure that all employees, candidates, visitors, and partners of Ursa Major are appropriately and timely greeted.
- Meticulously manage our badging system for employees, contractors, and all visitors while tracking and reporting visitors and communications to and from the Front Desk to and with teammates. i.e. communicating and collaborating with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the Ursa Major email account, phone, and voice mailbox, distributing messages as required to appropriate members of the organization.
- Distribute physical mail; sort and scan departmental mail to the appropriate points of contact.
- Assist in coordination of export compliance and security tasks related to international travel arrangements.
- Work with Compliance Manager to facilitate foreign visits and perform Denied Party Screening for all new contacts and contracts.
- Assist with visitor sign in, ID verification, and other measures to screen visitors.
- Participate in and assist Compliance Manager with Site Security team.
Office Management Assistance:
- Assist in organizing and executing promotional events and campaigns for Ursa Major such as onsite and offsite events.
- Schedule and maintain relationships with food trucks.
- Assist with ordering office supplies.
- Assist People Operations with internal engagement programs (i.e., anniversary gifts, baby gifts, and desk name tags).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including great internal and external customer service.
- Good time management skills.
- Be able to problem solve, plan, organize and maintain records.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone, copiers, badge printer, and scanning devices.
- Be a team-player and have proactive attitude and motivation.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work in a high-volume environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is a must, specifically MS Excel.
- A strong background in proofreading, grammar and formatting is appreciated.
- Be able to work in fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment, all while maintaining a calm, positive, and proactive outlook.
- Ideally, you will have 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $46,000 - $65,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options