Senior Solid Rocket Motor (SRM) Composites Development Engineer
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major's teams thrive in a fast-paced environment, consistently delivering remarkable outcomes even with limited direction. We are seeking a motivated and multi-capable engineer to join our solid rocket propulsion development efforts where you will drive innovation in the area of composite pressure vessel design and manufacturing.
This role will own the design, development, and qualification of composite structures within a highly motivated and agile team pursuing innovative propulsion concepts and developing solid rocket motors for a variety of applications. This role would be multi-faceted and offers the opportunity for the full scope of product ownership under limited oversight, from ideation to in-service implementation. Responsibilities include working across disciplines to drive development concepts through design, analysis, manufacturing, validation, and ultimately into production.
- Design and development of new composite pressure vessels for SRM applications.
- Guiding and/or performing structural analysis of wound composite structures.
- Development of composite process within an innovative manufacturing environment.
- Development & guidance of test plans for Composite Pressure Vessels.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated proficiency in composites engineering.
- Experience leading design reviews to communicated design decisions and trades.
- Practical experience building composite components or structures.
- Desire to take ownership and build new products.
- 7+ Years experience in composites engineering.
- Proficiency in composite or wound composite structural analysis.
- Practical experience manufacturing and testing composite pressure vessels.
- Experience developing composite pressure vessel test plans.
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $70,000 - $150,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we are evaluating individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt.