Manufacturing Engineer - Fluid & Mechanical Systems
The journey to space starts with the engines.
The Manufacturing Engineer will join the Operations Team group in leading development manufacturing efforts on next-generation products and systems in aerospace and defense. The ideal candidate will be passionate about process improvement and influencing product development. Hands-on experience in Manufacturing environments is a plus, including technical expertise in additive, machining, assembly, or test of complex products.
- Support manufacturing development efforts in multiple technical areas, potentially including 3D printing, machining, forming, assembly, and/or test
- Develop & coach manufacturing and process improvement principles in a collaborative role with the design engineering, quality, and build technicians
- Champion early development hardware to enable aggressive product schedules, including a hands-on role in first builds
- Support critical product needs including ERP maintenance, troubleshooting, and failure investigations
- Support strategic manufacturing development efforts both internally and externally
- Develop, publish, and maintain manufacturing and process specifications appropriate for product maturity and design phase of the program
Preferred Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering
- Hands-on experience with building things (engines, equipment, etc.) – through college teams or personal hobby
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Lean Transformation, Six Sigma, or Toyota Production Systems
- Hands-on experience in production manufacturing environments
- Experience with tool design, CAD (NX, Creo), ERP systems
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $90,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt