Vacaville, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Thistle wants to expand our culinary team with talented, driven culinary professionals to help craft the healthiest and tastiest food for our growing customer base. This position is ideal for a culinary professional interested in working in a unique kitchen that embraces teamwork and creativity.
Schedule for this role is: Tuesday - Saturday 2:30pm - 11pm
This position is 100% onsite in Vacaville, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a high-volume kitchen using industrial equipment
- Execute culinary production needs based on Thistle recipes
- Ensure consistency and compliance with Thistle's recipes, portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines
- Develop and refine our cooking techniques and general kitchen operations
- Maintain a flawlessly clean working environment, following all outlined HAACP guidelines and safety processes
- Ensure that meal components are properly prepared and labeled with the correct amounts, dates, and meal codes for delivery
- Appropriately store and manage all food products to ensure safety, quality, and freshness
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects, as well as stooping, kneeling, bending, or reaching
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years experience as a cook or equivalent position in a high-volume kitchen is required
- Solid prep experience preparing fruits, vegetables, and proteins
- Working knowledge of using a mixer/skillet/combi preferred
- You have a CA or equivalent Food Handlers Certification - or are willing to procure one within 30 days of starting
- You can work a flexible schedule, including weekend or early morning shifts
- You are punctual and have attention to detail
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.