Dishwasher (East Coast)
Burlington, NJ, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2022
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Thistle wants to expand our culinary team with talented, driven culinary professionals to help craft the healthiest and tastiest food for our growing customer base. Dishwashers ensure that all kitchen equipment and wares are washed and sanitized per Thisle protocols. This position is ideal for a culinary professional interested in working in a unique start-up kitchen that embraces teamwork and creativity.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a clean and fastidious workspace in the dish pit
- Understand how to operate commercial dishwashing machine
- Self-manage time and keep on task with minimal supervision
- Appropriately store and manage all equipment that goes through the dish pit
- Follow GMP, safety and COVID safety guidelines
- Collaborate with the dish team and leadership to keep the cadence of having materials and equipment cleaned as quickly as possible so material are ready to be used when needed.
- Maintain organization in the dish room
- Ensure that all GMPs are followed.
- Execute, complete and submit the necessary documentation as necessary
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 6 months experience dishwashing in a high-volume kitchen is required
- Ability to operate a large-scale dish machine and 3-compartment sink
- Ability to form effective working relationships with a cross-functional team
- Ability to adhere to company SOPs and support in implementation of new initiatives
- Personable demeanor, with a positive attitude
- Possession of a valid New Jersey or equivalent Food Handlers Certification
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, and are willing to master new skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekend or early morning shifts
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects.
- Be punctual and abide by attendance guidelines
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.