Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Medicine
In the role of an Advanced Care Provider (Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner) you will provide concierge emergency medical care to Sollis Health patients in our clinics with the supervision/oversight of an attending Physician. This is a pivotal role as part of a growing organization providing seamless care to both adult and pediatric patients for cases that would usually be treated in a traditional emergency room.
Per Diem - 8:00am-6:00pm
- Triage incoming patients' needs, assess their concerns and determine the right course of action, in-center, virtually or in their home with our At Home division
- Perform video Telemedicine consults when appropriate.
- Perform medical evaluations and formulate a differential diagnosis and treatment plan for urgent and emergent care within the scope of emergency medicine, as requested.
- Perform medical procedures that include obtaining IV access (including administration of fluids and medications), splinting, suturing, phlebotomy, performing POC testing, and performing EKGs.
- Work closely with a team of Physicians, Registered Nurses, and Radiology Technologists to discuss your assessment.
- Assess and treat Covid-related cases which includes obtaining clinical samples to test for the virus, performing point of care testing , obtaining blood for antibody blood tests, providing general symptom management and recommendations.
- Document clinical evaluation and treatment in our electronic health record, AthenaHealth.
- Work closely with the Medical Director and other clinical team members to ensure all policies are adhered to and that you deliver quality care in an innovative setting.
- Coordinate additional care with our Aftercare, and house calls teams or with one of our Medical Partners.
- Make patients and family members comfortable, patiently and professionally answering any questions they have and using patient-centered empathetic communication at all times.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related operational projects as needed. ]
- Perform related duties as requested.
We believe extraordinary people come from a variety of backgrounds, but ideally, we would expect that you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Graduate of an accredited PA or NP program, required.
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner state license and ability to practice in New York
- 2-3 years of Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner experience in emergency departments and/or urgent care centers required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS certification required upon hire.
- If a PA, must have NCCPA certification
To be successful in this role, candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Strong clinical skills
- Tech savvy with the ability to use and or learn our systems including but not limited to Slack, Athena Health, Salesforce and Humanity etc.
- Superb technical skills, including phlebotomy, peripheral IV placement, medication administration
- Ability to be adaptable and work in a fluid, multitasking environment
- Strong process and organizational skills
- The ability to problem-solve and think outside of the box
- Be comfortable interfacing with high profile clientele
This is the range of pay for New York candidates only. Sollis is a multi-state employer and this rate/range may not reflect the pay for positions that are performed solely in localities outside of New York. Furthermore, actual pay is dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, location, education, etc.
About Sollis Health
Sollis Health is a 24/7 members-only medical concierge service delivering expert, on-demand, emergency medicine treatment in a serene and private environment. Designed to handle emergencies, everyday care, and everything in between, we provide expert care in our state-of-the-art centers, virtually via a telehealth visit, and in the comfort of our member’s homes. The Sollis experience also includes our house call program, patient coordination and advocacy provided by our care navigation team and more. We service New York, the Hamptons, Los Angeles, South Florida, and San Francisco and provide around-the-clock telemedicine worldwide.
Sollis Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Consistent with our policies, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected group status protected by law, including, but not limited to, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.