Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner House Calls- Emergency Medicine
In the role of an Advanced Care Provider- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for the At Home, concierge house calls team you will conduct concierge medical at home visits to Sollis Health patients and treat them accordingly, with the supervision/oversight of an attending Physician. This is a pivotal role as part of a growing organization providing seamless care to both adult and pediatric patients for cases that would usually come into an emergency room or clinic. You will provide a variety of treatments and care during a house call reducing the need for the patient to go to the emergency department and receive care directly in their home. This position will be primarily focused in the New York area.
Full Time Position - 36 hours/week
- Formulating a differential diagnosis and treatment plan to occur in the patient’s home or other setting outside of a medical clinic setting for urgent and emergent care within the scope of emergency medicine.
- Coordinating with House Call Coordinators for House Call requests and responding to patient care house call requests timely while on shift.
- Performing medical evaluation and using the imaging studies done at home as part of the patient assessment.
- Ensuring the house call provider bag is properly stocked at all times to avoid delays in a house call.
- Conducting Covid-related house calls, obtaining clinical samples to test for the virus, performing point of care testing , obtaining blood for antibody blood tests, providing general symptom management and recommendations - all Covid-related house calls are done in full PPE.
- Performing medical procedures that include obtaining IV access (including administration of fluids and medications), splinting, suturing, phlebotomy, performing POC testing, and performing EKGs.
- Documenting your clinical evaluation and treatment in the electronic health record, eClinicalWorks.
- Making patients comfortable, patiently and professionally answering any questions they have and using patient-centered empathetic communication at all times.
- Responding to patient care requests timely while on shift.
- Interfacing with the patient's PCP and specialists to discuss your assessment and plan of care and to coordinate follow up care.
- Working closely with our Medical Director and other clinical team members to ensure all policies are adhered to and that you deliver quality care in an innovative setting.
- Coordinating a hand-off of any pending labs or imaging to our in clinic providers at the end of your shift.
- Coordinating additional care with our After Care, and house calls teams or with one of our Medical Partners.
- Cover shifts occasionally in Sollis' Flagship, Centers and Clinics should an urgent need arise
- Performing related duties as requested.
We believe extraordinary people come from a variety of backgrounds, but ideally, we would expect that you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Graduate of an accredited PA or NP program, required.
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner state license and ability to practice in New York State
- Preferred 2-3 years of Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner experience in emergency departments and/or urgent care centers
- DEA license required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS certification required upon hire.
- House call, EMS/pre- hospital, concierge experience a plus
- Excellent clinical care and patient satisfaction in emergency department and urgent care settings
To be successful in this role, candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Strong clinical skills
- Tech savvy with the ability to use and or learn our systems including but not limited to Slack, Athena Health, Salesforce and Humanity etc.
- Superb technical skills, including phlebotomy, peripheral IV placement, medication administration
- Ability to be adaptable and work in a fluid, multitasking environment
- Strong process and organizational skills
- The ability to problem-solve and think outside of the box
- Be comfortable interfacing with five-star clientele
Range: $159,120 - $177,840
This is the range of pay for New York candidates only. Sollis is a multi-state employer and this rate/range may not reflect the pay for positions that are performed solely in localities outside of New York. Furthermore, actual pay is dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to years of experience within the job, years of experience within the required industry, location, education, etc.
About Sollis Health
Sollis Health is a 24/7 members-only medical concierge service delivering expert, on-demand, emergency medicine treatment in a serene and private environment. Designed to handle emergencies, everyday care, and everything in between, we provide expert care in our state-of-the-art centers, virtually via a telehealth visit, and in the comfort of our member’s homes. The Sollis experience also includes our house call program, patient coordination and advocacy provided by our care navigation team and more. We service New York, the Hamptons, Los Angeles, South Florida, and San Francisco and provide around-the-clock telemedicine worldwide.
Sollis Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Consistent with our policies, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected group status protected by law, including, but not limited to, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.