In the Radiology/X-Ray Technologist role, you will be a critical part of our flagship location in Harlem where you will make a lasting impression by creating an exceptional environment for patients and family members and providing great care.
As a Radiology/X-Ray Tech you will:
- Follow instructions from Physicians regarding which area of the patient’s body needs imaging
- Adjust equipment, determine proper technique, and arrange immobilization and support devices to obtain the correct patient position.
- Prevent unnecessary radiation exposure both to yourself and to the patient
- Follow patient-identification policy prior to performing examination. Utilize two patient identifiers to ensure accuracy.
- Keep good patient records
- Maintain radiology supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating future needs and placing orders
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Shift between a reception and/or medical assistant position when there is a low volume of patients
- Problem-solve issues with equipment and report equipment problems/malfunctions to clinical engineering or supervisor on an as needed basis.
- Certificate from accredited School of Radiologic Technology
- New York State license to practice Diagnostic Radiology
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- You have at least 1 year of experience working in a clinical setting
- You enjoy working as part of a team and enjoy being a team player who jumps in wherever necessary
- You are eager to be part of an interdisciplinary team, including physicians, operations & technology experts, and community managers
- You have an awareness of common safety hazards and precautions
- You have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members and other care team members
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with all members of the care team, and with members of the public
- You are comfortable using a variety of computer systems and have familiarity with electronic health record systems
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgmental
- You have the ability to think quickly and you have strong problem-solving skills
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, including an FSA
- Mental health benefits through Spring Health
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Annual salary of $64,000 - $82,000, based on experience
Juno Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to building the most inclusive culture for exceptionally talented people. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.