Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Are you a self-motivated and curious sales representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? If you thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and collaborative team environment then this may be a position for you!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Sales Development Representative you will have an opportunity to be a key strategic contributor -- Bringing your intense work ethic and desire to make an immediate impact. You will gain invaluable experience, and have the chance to showcase your acquired knowledge. You will take ownership of your assigned sales targets by educating restaurant owners on our value proposition and generating opportunities for your sales partners. This will be done through 100% cold outreach.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers and manager to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, and helping restaurateurs improve their business by using the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity and drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
This is a hybrid position based in Los Angeles with a 4 days a week in office requirement.
Reports to the Sales Development Manager; No Direct Reports.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
What Success Looks Like:
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our ChowNow University (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Dive right in and quickly start developing an understanding of our target customer profile and qualifying criteria for opportunities
- Learn how to utilize a wide range of sales tools (Salesforce, Groove, Drift, RingDNA, Chili Piper, etc.) and incorporate into the ChowNow sales process
- Start hopping on the phones and driving high volume, consultative discovery conversations with prospective clients to identify if they’re a potential fit for ChowNow
- Build close relationships with your sales partners to develop pipeline and strategy to saturate markets
- You will have set your first successful meeting with a restaurant
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Begin hitting your meeting set goals while continuing to hone your skills
- Form a tight knit, well oiled partnership with your sales partners and assist in bringing in revenue to ChowNow
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in Salesforce to evaluate your pipeline and KPIs
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Become a fully ramped SDR and prioritize your day with best practices
- Hit and exceed your meeting set goals by leveraging call and email strategies to engage with prospective restaurant customers.
- Contribute to the growth of the team by sharing knowledge and participating in shadow sessions with new team members
- Develop thorough knowledge of the ChowNow product and become a trusted consultant to prospective restaurants.
- Begin working towards your career progression within ChowNow
You Should Apply If:
- 1-3 years of sales or related business experience
- A commanding desire to learn, succeed and grow in tech sales
- Strong passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry
- Tenacious attitude and ability to self-motivate and drive toward success
- You have a track record of consistent over-achievement, strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends
- You enjoy building lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm
- You subscribe to a work hard, stay positive and implement feedback mentality
- You thrive in fast paced sales culture where changes are common and you adapt quickly
- You are a fast learner when it comes to process and technology
- You enjoy a competitive atmosphere where everyone is striving to be better than the day before while celebrating each other’s wins
About Our Benefits:
- Expected hourly rate: $23.75 - $27.75 with the ability to earn commission
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program or continuing education reimbursement program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Events (Women, LGBTQIA+, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.