Customer Service & Operations Associate
We’re fixing the retirement savings system - come join us.
We’re on a mission to make saving for retirement easy. Our first product helps people digitally locate their old 401k accounts and consolidate them into a new account at any financial institution - without the paperwork, phone calls, and faxes of the past.
We believe all Americans should retire with enough money for a life of dignity. Over time, we intend to eliminate all of the friction & fees embedded in the retirement savings system that stops them from doing so - and we’re not stopping there.
We’ve raised capital from leading venture investors including Canapi Ventures, Greycroft, RRE, Bling Capital, and Walkabout Ventures. We're a 35-person company based in New York City.
About The Role:
Saving for retirement is hard, with lots of friction and confusion. As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers consolidate their retirement accounts. You’ll be critical to ensuring customers have a great experience with us and end up with more confidence in their long-term finances. You’ll also be an advocate for the customer and share customer feedback with our product & engineering teams to inform our product roadmap. We’re a small team and moving fast -- you’ll work directly with all members of the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Guide customers through the Capitalize rollover experience and answer their questions through chat, e-mails, and phone calls
- Become an expert on 401ks, rollovers, and IRAs
- Communicate with financial institutions and employers on behalf of customers to help with their transactions, where necessary
- Contribute to our internal knowledge-base and external FAQs based on customer questions/comments
- Synthesize customer feedback and share with other team-members
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a customer service or client-facing role
- Experience working in the financial industry, preferably with FINRA licenses (e.g Series 6, 7)
- Strong interest in helping people achieve their financial goals
- Familiarity with customer service best practices and tools
- Ability to work flexible hours if necessary to solve customers’ problems
- Experience at a startup or similar fast-paced organization, a plus
Benefits We Offer:
- Remote friendly anywhere in the United States with an office space in New York City
- Competitive compensation package (annual salary of $45,000-$52,000) and equity in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 100% premium covered for staff and 50% for dependents
- 401k plan access
- Unlimited paid time off
- 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Maven, One Medical and Teladoc memberships
- ClassPass fitness perk
We’re a mission-driven company focused on doing what’s right - for our customers and for our team. That means assembling a group of diverse, hardworking people who want to be their best in a setting that’s open and inclusive for all. We’re committed to diversity in both measurable terms (e.g. gender, race) and across other dimensions like skill sets and experiences. We believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive company enriches our professional and personal lives. If that speaks to you, we want to meet you. Come help us build!