Apprenticeship Innovation Hub Technical Manager
Workforce Development Technical Manager
BuildWithin is a software and services company that develops workforce programs and skills-technology. We are also a federally-approved apprenticeship intermediary. Recently, BuildWithin was awarded an “Apprenticeships Building America” grant by the U.S. Department of Labor to establish Apprenticeship Innovation Districts in 5 communities across the country. Los Angeles, CA has been chosen as one of those regions. We are currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the Los Angeles County hub.
Workforce Development Technical Managers work directly with employers in the registration of apprenticeship programs. They assist employers in finding and placing apprentices and ensuring that each program and apprentice meets Related Technical Instruction (RTI) and On the Job Training (OJT) hours and content. The Technical Manager also helps the Executive Director share best practices for RAP implementation in the community and throughout ABA networks. This role also requires strong relationship building with employers and apprentice candidates.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver who is always sharing what they learn with others and has an interest in working in technology that solves societal problems. The ideal candidate can distill difficult concepts and processes into accessible and simplified systems.
Area of Residency
Sacramento, CA and/or greater Bay Area
Los Angeles County, CA
This is a hybrid position.
Proven track record and experience with project management (grant, particularly federal grant management is a plus)
Proficient in Google Workspace Suite and Microsoft 365 Suite
Proficient in Jira and Confluence
Experience managing digital events using tools like Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams
Experience managing in-person events
Experience with writing education curriculum is a plus
You will be expected to:
- Accomplish grant objectives by working closing with employers, managers, and apprentices
- Serve as a resource for employers, government agencies community-based organizations, workforce boards and associations who may have questions or issues
- Establish systems and guidelines to create new Registered Apprenticeship Programs and help employers navigate and troubleshoot
- Assist businesses and organizations with expanding their existing RAPs
- Assist businesses and organizations with establishing pre-apprenticeship programs
- Assist with the execution of various public events to raise awareness of apprenticeships in the community
- Ensure proper fiscal, timekeeping, and reporting standards are upheld for federal reporting purposes and drafting all required reports as well as provide updates on grant progress
- Develop and maintain internal dashboards and systems to track and monitor grant goal attainment
- Build toolkits and other resources for prospective RAPs and collaborate with BuildWithin Workforce Development staff and ABA grant recipients to share best practices and further the growth of apprenticeships nationwide.
This position does not engage in sales of BuildWithin products or lobbying.
Commensurate with experience and geography ranging between $75,000 to $90,000.
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 401K contributions, and paid parental leave.
BuildWithin launched in November 2022 during National Apprenticeship Week with $2.4M in pre-seed funding led by Dundee Venture Capital with participation from Black Capital and $8M in government grants from the Department of Labor’s Apprenticeships Building America Grant.
Founded by Chilean-American tech entrepreneur Dr. Ximena Gates, who founded the multinational software company Phone2Action (now Capitol Canary), acquired in 2020 and Michelle Rhee, former Chancellor for the DC Public Schools.
BuildWithin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We aim to eradicate the barriers that stop individuals without technology backgrounds from being hired into technical roles with a focus on BIPOC, women, the disabled, individuals without college degrees, citizens re-entering society/workforce after incarceration, veterans, seniors, the unemployed and under-employed. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.