Senior Manufacturing Engineer
About Assembly OSM
Assembly OSM is a fast-growing, Fifth Wall-backed company on a mission to make urban development more scalable and sustainable. We are a NYC-based modular design builder with decades of experience in real estate development, public-private partnerships, offsite construction, and manufacturing. We are hard at work developing our first two buildings in New York City, and growing the team to allow us to really take Assembly to scale.
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will develop and implement manufacturing systems, equipment and tooling to meet the safety, quality, volume and cost. Provide support and guidance to the design team with focus on DFM and DFA. Hands-on and results driven with a “can do” attitude who will work on execution and help transition products from concept to reality.
This position plays a vital role in creating and maintaining a culture of execution that supports the company’s core values, vision, and mission.
- Design, implement and validate manufacturing systems to meet the AOSM targets such as Safety, Quality, Cost, throughput
- Actively support the development of MFG strategy and road map, translating strategic plans into actionable tasks, improving efficiency, reducing cost
- Coach, Mentor and manage manufacturing engineering team
- Provide production ramp-up planning to deliver capital equipment on time and in sequence.
- Provide capital equipment selection criteria and decision influence.
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures.
- Implements and enhances engineering process documentation such as Process flow diagram, Control plan, PFMEA, DFM, DFA and statistical process control.
- Demonstrates urgency and capabilities to address and resolve issues quickly and prioritize as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiency improvements and cost savings through tools and processes.
- Support the development and implementation of area KPI
- Develop, monitor and update CAPEX and manufacturing system budget
- Establish open communication and transparency with all departments
- Efficient communication and reporting skills
- Lead and Assist in new process development and technologies
- Contribute, as needed, to facilities department building needs that comply with all applied regulations
- Contribute for manufacturing system design development and implementation establishing process workflow, layout, space requirements, standard time, manufacturing capacity and cost
- Support the implementation of the ERP system from production, inventory and planning perspective.
- Self driven individual capable of solving complex problems.
- Can do Attitude
- You can communicate clearly, delivering effective presentations in person and via video conference.
- You can deploy Lean and Six Sigma methodologies from scratch.
- Bachelor of science degree in mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing Operations and/or production of aerospace, automotive or other complex products.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing diverse teams and operation
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing operation (NPI) as part of a cross-functional team.
- Experience with Quality standards such as ISO / TS or similar
- Experience and Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5.
- Understanding of MFG & Quality tools such PCP / PFMEA / DFA /DFM / SPPC]=.
- Knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to track process capability.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge in process simulation is a plus.
To Apply Submit:
CV required. Cover letter and work samples optional.
Salary Range: $120k- $150k/ dependent upon experience
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*