About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Assembly OSM seeks a highly organized, management-focused architect that is responsible for managing the overall architectural design and execution of a specific project. This role is involved in all phases of the project, from concept design to construction administration. The role will include collaborating with clients, developing design concepts, procuring and organizing detailed construction documents, coordinating with various design consultants including both AOR and EOR, overseeing construction, and ensuring that the project adheres to design standards, codes, and regulations. You will play a critical role in the overall project management, working closely with the Assembly’s Building Design & Engineering team, communicating with clients and contractors, and ensuring that the project meets its design objectives and stays on budget and schedule.
- Collaborate with clients, internal Building Design and Engineering teams, as well as design consultant architects and engineers of record, to understand project requirements and develop design concepts for modular high-rise buildings.
- Work on refining design concepts into detailed schematic designs, incorporating modular-specific details representative of the modular product created by Assembly into the construction drawings produced by Architect and Engineers of Record fostering collaboration and clear communication.
- Develop and organize the selecting of building materials, defining layouts, and publishing a preliminary budget.
- Work on further refinement of the design during the design development phase, creating detailed architectural drawings, plans, and specifications for the modular portion of the building.
- Ensure that the design complies with local building codes, zoning regulations, and other relevant regulations and standards, preparing and submitting necessary documents for permits and approvals, while also incorporating modular-specific aspects into the project's design.
- You will participate in the construction documentation phase, including architectural plans, elevations, sections, details, and specifications, overseeing the inclusion of modular-specific details and ensuring that the drawings accurately represent the Assembly’s modular product.
- Assist in the bidding process, soliciting bids from contractors, reviewing bids, and recommending the selection of a contractor for the project.
- Oversee the construction phase, conducting site visits, reviewing/delegating and approving shop drawings, addressing contractor inquiries, and resolving design or construction issues.
- Monitor the project's budget and schedule to ensure it stays on track and within agreed-upon parameters.
- Maintain regular communication with clients to keep them informed about the project's progress, address their concerns, and make necessary design modifications based on client feedback.
- Play a critical role in problem-solving, addressing unexpected challenges or issues that arise during the design and construction process between the Assembly, 3rd party design professionals, and general contractors.
- An architect with a strong background in multi-story residential design and construction.
- You possess strong design skills and the ability to translate client needs into architectural concepts.
- Experienced in creating detailed construction documents and specifications, incorporating modular-specific details into construction drawings.
- Well-versed in building codes, zoning regulations, and industry standards, with the ability to ensure compliance while integrating modular elements.
- Experienced in project management and coordination with design consultants, such as structural engineers, mechanical engineers, and interior designers.
- An effective communicator, capable of facilitating collaboration between client, internal teams and 3rd party architects and engineers, and can convey technical information clearly.
- A problem solver, enabling you to address challenges that may arise during the project.
- Talented at problem-solving, especially in addressing coordination challenges that may arise when integrating modular elements into project designs.
- Proficient in using design and drafting software and tools commonly used in architectural practice.
- A professional degree in architecture and are a licensed architect.
- A background in architectural or engineering firms, with a focus on modular construction or prefabrication. Experience working with design-build teams is advantageous.
- You have a portfolio of past projects that showcases your experience in modular high-rise building design and construction.
- Understanding of building codes and construction industry best practices and methodologies
- Strong leadership, written & verbal communication and organizational skills
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness
Compensation Range: $110,000 - $160,000/year
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*