About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Assembly OSM is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with expertise in 3D modeling and an enthusiasm for model-based design and delivery. This role is vital for developing intricate 3D workflows that are central to the design and assembly of our modular buildings. Your responsibility will include crafting high-fidelity 3D models and streamlining the product delivery process with innovative solutions.
- Engineer high LOD 3D models for modular components, utilizing CATIA and other advanced tools.
- Facilitate collaboration with third-party vendors and fabricators in a model-based delivery framework.
- Navigate interdepartmental dynamics to revolve product delivery around 3D model DFMA reviews.
- Innovate our internal workflows with code, scripting, or automation to enhance efficiency.
- Contribute dynamically to our fast-paced startup, from high-level strategy to meticulous model detailing.
- A 3D modeling authority, passionate about precision and the transformative power of model-based design.
- Rigorous in your approach, ensuring your work's precision underpins flawless execution and communication.
- Adept at fostering collaboration, understanding the nuances of effective communication across disciplines.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented, with the agility to adapt and thrive amidst the challenges of innovation.
- Eager to master new software, employing detailed parametric modeling to refine design processes.
- Deeply engaged with the nuances of fabrication and eager to contribute to tangible, real-world construction.
- Profound 3D assembly modeling skills, particularly with CATIA.
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing or AEC, collaborating closely with suppliers and subcontractors.
- A zest for 3D technology and the ambition to adopt skills from industries such as shipbuilding, automotive, or aerospace.
- 5-7+ years of experience in construction, manufacturing, engineering, or related projects.
- Educational foundation in AEC, mechanical engineering, or manufacturing, with a strong preference for candidates with diverse, applicable experience.
- Proficiency in scripting, code, and automation.
- Experience with DFMA processes and a record of practical application.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*