Mechanical Designer / Digital Modeler
About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Assembly seeks a 3D Modeling specialist with a passion for Revit Development & BIM workflows to develop and integrate scalable digital workflows required to design and assemble modular prefab buildings. In this role, you will construct and maintain fabrication-level Revit models for use throughout each product’s lifecycle, from design to fabrication and assembly and eventual operation. We’re looking for someone passionate about leveraging technology to achieve more with less and who understands that a high-fidelity digital model is essential for a successful building delivery process.
- Participate in design reviews, coordination and clash detection, for both modular building projects, and our internal product development (structural systems, wall panel systems, MEP systems, etc.)
- Maintain the 3d model infrastructure used for coordination on modular building projects
- Track down and help resolve coordination issues across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Identify opportunities to optimize or automate workflows.
- Develop and manage Assembly’s BIM standards and workflows.
- Meaningfully contribute to the modeling and detailing of building products natively in Revit, and eventually CATIA.
- A 3D Modeling specialist with a passion for Revit Development & BIM workflows.
- Excited about leveraging technology to achieve more with less.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in your work. You understand that high-fidelity modeling is key to seamless communication of ideas and plans.
- A tactful, effective communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Quick to identify issues and proactive in finding solutions.
- Excited and able to learn new software programs, and to use detailed parametric modeling to optimize design workflows.
- Thoughtful and enthusiastic about getting into fabrication details.
- Expert skills in Revit and related coordination tools (BIM360, issue tracking software, etc.)
- A strong interest in 3D and technology in general, with a desire to learn new skills in tools more typically found in manufacturing (CATIA, PLM).
- Domain expertise in major building systems (mechanical systems, structural, facade, etc.) and understanding of means & methods of construction.
- Interest in scripting, automation, parametric modeling is a plus, but not a requirement (Grasshopper, Dynamo or code).
- Some exposure to mechanical modeling tools (Solidworks, Fusion, Inventor, etc.) a plus, but not a requirement
- Demonstrated experience on real-world construction projects & BIM usage in a production environment.
- 5-7+ years work experience in construction, manufacturing, engineering or building projects.
- Education in Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC), mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related fields. All candidates with applicable experience are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*