Senior Development Manager, Construction
About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager, Construction to join our team at Assembly OSM. This role requires a strategic leader who can manage all aspects of construction for complex modular projects, expedite pricing studies and analysis for real estate investment decision-making, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project goals.
- Manage all aspects of construction, coordinating with third-party Construction Managers (CMs) on site.
- Expedite pricing studies and analysis for immediate real estate investment and underwriting decision-making.
- Collaborate with the Projects team and the Product Design and Engineering team on design document deliverables for major trade awards.
- Partner with third-party CMs to identify and solve critical path issues across all major trades.
- Coordinate applicable agency approvals needed for project start and final sign-off.
- Manage the budget of the design and construction team for monthly accruals and reports to investors.
- Respond to all aspects of modular subassemblies and customizations as a vehicle for new lease deals.
- Conduct expedited pricing studies and analysis for real estate investment underwriting.
- Manage relationships with property investors, internal stakeholders, and external partners.
- Drive innovation in understanding how scoping is different with a modular process, including stacking, mateline, and generally reduced on-site scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in construction management.
- Profound knowledge of construction processes, including superstructure steel.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze and interpret technical data, change order over-claims, and real estate investment opportunities. Experience with RFIs, change orders, shop drawings, submittals, ACRs, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and investors.
- Willingness to travel to site.
Compensation Range: $155,000 - $190,000/ year
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*