Director of Quality
About Assembly OSM
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
We are seeking an experienced Director of Quality and Compliance to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and ensuring that our processes and products meet established quality standards. You will lead cross-functional teams to identify and implement improvements, oversee investigations into quality issues, and drive a culture of continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in quality management in a manufacturing or construction environment, a proven track record in managing and improving quality systems, and specific experience with quality standards in aerospace or automotive, and the mindset to carry those learnings to modular construction.
- Oversee all quality assurance processes, establish and implement quality control standards, procedures, and measures.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive root cause and corrective action investigations and processes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for quality issues, making quick and sound decisions regarding these issues with a customer-focused mindset.
- Drive daily improvements to key quality indicators and champion quality across all departments.
- Develop and implement strategies for continuous improvement in Assembly projects.
- Understand and manage the full development lifecycle, ensuring compliance with quality standards from design to final delivery.
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to solve problems and drive process and quality improvements.
- Drive a culture of adherence to standardized work and compliance to documented processes and procedures to ensure safe practices while delivering products to established quality specifications.
- Prepare a roadmap for appropriately staffing and developing the QC organization to meet business needs.
- Develop processes for managing regulatory inspections.
- Maintain the ongoing development of the Assembly OSM Quality Assurance Manual
- Experienced in quality management and compliance activities.
- Capable of developing Quality Programs for products with a high degree of regulatory oversight.
- Excellent at communication and able to work effectively with a diverse range of peers, management, and executives.
- Experienced in a construction or manufacturing field, and have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- An expert in developing and managing quality systems per ISO9001, with a track record of structuring and improving quality processes.
- Intellectually curious and embody a learning mentality.
- Able to be extremely detail-oriented and big picture at the same time.
- Willing to travel to engage with suppliers and establish external quality protocols 10 to 15% of your time..
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality Management, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in quality management in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment and to lead cross-functional initiatives with minimal oversight.
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and a knowledge of quality tools and methodologies (FMEA, fishbone diagrams, 8Ds, 5 WHY analysis, etc.).
- Experience in high-rise building construction a plus.
- Familiarity with industry codes (AWS, ASME, NFPA, NEC, ACI, etc.).
Salary Range: $155,000 - $190,000
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*