Senior Full-Stack Developer
About The Role
We’re looking for a brilliant, curious, creative, and fun-loving Senior Full-Stack with a passion for data that’s ready to take on a huge opportunity to build both April’s customer-facing platform and 1st of its kind analyst “coding” platform!
If you’re all that and looking to lead, invent, and grow professionally you should definitely consider applying to join us on our journey!
- Lead the design and development of April’s analyst tooling experience.
- Be Part of our core engineering and leadership team.
- Build a cloud-native application with a modern microservices architecture.
- Mentor, and grow the team, our practices, and our technology stack.
- Work closely with the product & UX to define the company roadmap and execute the development plans.
- Design system architectures, select/evaluate tools, and open source projects to use within our architecture.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience building production-level web applications in large-scale products.
- 6+ years of experience with modern full-stack frameworks React/Angular/vie or equivalent programming language, developing high-scale applications.
- Experience with Python microservices or similar (Go / Node.js / Rust).
- Passion for clean code and agile work.
- Experience in working with analysts or developing complex tools for semi-technical users.
- Strong architecture skills – ability to design for scale, and velocity, robustness, and readability of end-to-end data-driven solutions.
- Experience with modern cloud environments (GCP, AWS).
- Passion for data, customer experience, and building high-quality software!
- Excellent communication and a great team member. Work daily with our product, users, and the rest of the engineering team to make things work.
- Advantage - experience with micro-frontends.
- Advantage - experience with gRPC / protobuf.
April believes that every taxpayer should have a best-in-class tax experience, regardless of their background, income bracket, or what they can afford to pay. We build products to improve their financial wellbeing, reduce anxiety around taxes, and provide tools that put their taxes to work for them.
For financial institutions, April is a first-of-its-kind tax experience that is completely frictionless and integrated with the financial services ecosystem. Unlike other DIY tax solutions, we leverage and reinforce their relationship with their members, driving mutual value, savings and new offerings.
For developers, April provides simple and robust APIs for them to leverage every aspect of the US tax code, and perform calculations and AI-based simulations for creating new experiences within their application or platform.